HL15 Release / Shipping Timeline

Has there been any official announcement or news regarding the HL15 rollout timeline? The reservation page has “The week of Oct. 9” as the only indication of a date, and that appears to be for purchase.

I’m rather excited having reserved a full system and a chunk of vacation time lined up starting the 12th. Are we expecting shipments to land at doorsteps shortly after Oct 9. or a longer window for fulfillment?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any yet, but it doesn’t stop me from refreshing the forum every 30 mins. :laughing:
It’s Thanksgiving in Canada on the 9th so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s on the 10th or later. However I’ll be checking on the 9th as well eating turkey leftovers.

4 Likes

HI All,

The HL15 will not be released today check back later this week, you will be notified by email once it is released

8 Likes

Thanks Hutch. Are my dreams of messing around with it over vacation a bit lofty? I’m not sure how far into the build process you all are over there. Needless to say, I am excited!

Once we release the HL15 I believe it will be 2-3 day production time to build them (depending on how many orders we get) plus then shipping.

I am sad to say that you may not be getting it until after your vacation :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Will there be a grace period for when it releases to when those of us with deposits have to put orders in or do we have to order day of? (aka how long do we have to use our deposit to order the case?)

1 Like

Just announced on What’s Spinnin’ with 45Drives - Episode 2 store goes live on Friday the 13th: https://www.youtube.com/live/VGsQ3t--GzI?si=D9KbZlbubWtEv_Sj right around the 47:30 mark.

2 Likes

spooky, my server better not come with a free ghost

Maybe the launch of the store will have a sale so good it’s scary. :rofl: I’ll see myself out.

1 Like

Anyone who puts a deposit down will have priority over the non-deposit customers

2 Likes

Hey, can there be an official email notifying people that put down a deposit?
Just hearing nothing and not updating the website is really not that great of a sign.

Any news on what time it will launch? Or what url will be used for the storefront? Excited to get my hands on this beaut!

Hey @Venson and @GobbleYourData,

Emails with further instructions (for everyone that placed a deposit) will be sent out tomorrow. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

But what will I do with myself until then?!

Haha, very excited. You and Hutch both (and any other 45Drives staff I’ve chatted with) have been such awesome hosts. I’m looking forward to watching this community bloom!

It may not be something stated very often, but thank you! I’m sure you guys are busy and have 8 billion things going on with not nearly enough coffee. So truly, thank you all for giving us homelabbers a bit of love, a shiny new toy, and a place to hang out and chat with one another!

7 Likes

100% agree with orix.

Canada may have had thanksgiving this past weekend, but today is like Christmas morning, waiting for the big man to bring me something!

3 Likes

Oh nice! I’m actually posting my video from my visit to 45Drives this morning — I can pin a comment if you want to provide any updates on ordering on that video, since I’m guessing some people will just be learning about the HL15 after watching it. I’ve been deep in a couple other projects and completely forgot… it’s already halfway into October!

Edit: video’s up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9up0gi57Kf8

8 Likes

Never. Enough. Coffee!

1 Like

Ghost in the Machine? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :grin:

1 Like

Has this been sent already? I guess working hours are over now and I haven’t received an e-mail yet :slight_smile:

No news yet, the website still has the deposits front so perhaps tonight. They’re based in PT US so there’s still a couple of work hours left!