Suggestions for customizing front plate?

Hello,

First, thanks to 45 Drives for making this home lab a reality. I’ve wanted one of these chassis and backplanes for years but haven’t been able to cough up the cost. Now that the price is something I can do, what about customization?

There are a lot of instances where we see the face plates of 45 drive products with custom themes (Design Your Own Custom Front Plate!). Is that something that the 45 drives team will be adding as an option for the home lab? Or is there a vendor archetype you would recommend to get said customization done?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

2 Likes

I would assume the front panel is removable, so at the very least you could spray paint it yourself with a template or something. maybe custom order front panels will become available post launch at some point?

1 Like

Hi All, We will be offering custom front plates for the HL15 post-launch. We will have more info on pricing after the initial launch

6 Likes

evil laugh
all the things i can think of putting on that front plate… i need help

1 Like

Does this mean that pre-orders will not be able to take advantage of a custom front plate? Or will we still be able to reach out to have it customized before we purchase?

Thanks!

Hey @Glitch3dPenguin , The idea is to get all of the HL15s built and sent out for the initial release and once all orders are completed we will then be looking at making custom front plates so no this will not be available on release to preordered customers.

After you receive a HL15 if you would like a customer front plate you would have the ability to order just the front plate and swap it out.

6 Likes

Thank you for the clarification! Looking forward to release!

Is there a template for the front plate? I have access to a wide format vinyl printer and a laser engraver, having something with actual dimensions including the fan holes would go a long way toward coming up with a design.

1 Like

HI @Caid1776, What format would you like the file to be in?

1 Like

PNG or SVG would be great.

Im not sure if this is what you are looking for but this is what we currently have

2 Likes

Thank you, I was able to generate a PNG of the front panel I can work with.