Proxmox on HL15

Im also at a loss of what this could be. Let me know if the reinstall does not fix the issue.

@Hutch-45Drives - The reinsall indeed fixed the issue. It was not a fresh install so I’m guessing there was some other underlying issue.

After further analysis I was able to replicate again. I enabled the testing repo and as soon as I updated and then logged in I got the error again.

1 Like

That would explain it. the testing repo is in testing so not all packages will work all the time. I would not recommend using the testing packages in any production environment

What would be the bare minimum storage config for an all ssd proxmox single node setup? 4 ssds, with 2 zfs z1 pools, one for storage and one for os?

I would recommend having a dedicated SSD boot drive plugged directly into the motherboard then use your 4 other SSDs in the drive bays and set up 2 mirrors.

so you would have 2 SSDs mirrored together and then 2 more mirrored together so 2 mirrors then strip those together to give you the most amount of IOPs for running VMs from

1 Like

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work with the latest version of Proxmox? When running the setup script for the Repo I’m getting an error about the version of Debian.

Just to confirm, you are running the script below, correct?

curl -sSL https://repo.45drives.com/setup | sudo bash

I was able to run it successfully on a fresh install of proxmox 8.2 in a VM. However, I first had to apt install lsb_release which the script uses to check your version of Debian. Since 8.2 is built on Debian Bookworm, the script will ask if you want to use “focal”. Enter “Y” to move forward and it will setup the 45Drives repo.

Proxmox 8 and Debian Bookworm are technically not supported, but it does appear to work.

4 Likes

This works great. Thanks!

1 Like