General Forum Feedback (from The Grinch himself)

Just a quick tidbit of feedback, as this was something I first noticed yesterday.

I’m a notorious grinch in my house. “Bah Humbug” should be my trademarked phrase. However…

The santa hats and lights at the top of the page are awesome! It’s such a simple little touch that I totally didn’t expect in a forum. Thanks 45HL team!

9 Likes

Thanks for this, @orix. What a nice thing to see on the forum this morning!

Credit to @Hutch-45Drives for the idea! And to @dawson for the hard work put in to implement the theme. I love it too, and I’m glad you do as well. :slightly_smiling_face: :christmas_tree:

I also quite like The Grinch. I’m even wearing a Feelin’ Grinchy shirt today. He’s just misunderstood, is all.

2 Likes

I also quite like The Grinch. I’m even wearing a Feelin’ Grinchy shirt today. He’s just misunderstood, is all.

Exactly! I don’t HATE christmas, I just am tired of it by the time November 1st rolls around hahah. Let me have October for Halloween.

5 Likes

We should have pinned conversations in each category for basic questions and suggestions. (didnt see we actually had different categories as they weren’t in my sidebar… oops)
Like have a Hardware category and a couple of pinned posts for things like CPU/Motherboard, Drives, RAM, Cooling, etc.
and a Software Category with pinned posts for Houston, Proxmox, Windows, Debian, RedHat (ew), etc
If this happens, we should also prune the “General” section and move the posts to the new catagories, or archive the old general and make a new one for just general homelabbing stuffs

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, @Lavavex. We’re happy to look into fixing the forum experience for everyone — your comments are helpful!