8-bay server discussion

I am interested in an 8-bay server. I thought it would be wise to split the discussion up from the feedback topic.

@Vikram-45Drives Has there been any progress since last time? It’s been a week.

Hi @urbanracer34,

I’m interested in most new storage products coming online.
What features are you most hoping for?

SSD’s vs spinning rust?

Do you have a form factor you would like to see? Does it have to be rackmount? I am curious if they took an HL15 and only used 2 of the 4-port backplane modules what that would look like. I’m not sure I would like a 2U rackmount - I’d be afraid of the fan noise levels.

I’d still want 2x 10Gb ports and a PCI slot for an HBA. I wouldn’t be interested in room for a video card, but understand some would be if the HL15 was too big.

UGreen has many NAS products coming to market in June, I’ll create a separate post about those.

Hello @daemon1001 !

I am going to be going for a whole new server to replace my current one pending cost.

I have 1 SSD and 5 Spinning Rust with an Intel Core™ i7-8700K CPU currently. The case makes it hard to access the hard drives and I’ve lost the PSU cables (modular) so a new one is needed.

I want a tower, and I want to use unRAID with it. The quieter the better.

IPMI and 10Gb ports are an asset. My current setup is janky.

I’m using it for Apple backups, torrenting, general file storage and Plex among other things

I am excited to let you know that we are currently working on the mechanical design for the units and trying to introduce . We’re committed to perfecting the design of our upcoming 4 / 8-bay servers to ensure they meet the highest standards and provide an exceptional experience for our customers. Your feedback and input are crucial in this process, and we’re dedicated to listening to our community every step of the way. Rest assured, we’ll keep you updated as we finalize the design and move closer to bringing these innovative products to market. Thank you for being part of our journey!

2 Likes

@Vikram-45Drives

This is good news! Thanks! Any ballpark figure on how much it will cost for the 8-bay in CAD?

Awesome can’t wait to hear more about them.

Excellent! I’m excited to see the designs!

For me, I would like to have the option of rack mounting the server. Maybe it is built in such a way that it can either be a standalone tower or have rack ears attached? Maybe that only makes sense for the 8 bay model?

1 Like

Any word on pricing for the 8-bay server in CAD?

1 Like

Has there been any update on this at all?

1 Like

Hey @urbanracer34,

I apologize for the delayed response, I would like to update you that the four and eight bay unit is currently under development and we will let you know the details as soon as they are available.

Thank you for your support and patience,

1 Like

Hi @mhlas7,

Thank you, for your feedback. I will make sure to pass along this to our R&D team.